Tuesday, 8 March 2016

IWD Logic

ILB: "You know that book you have: A Gentleman in the Street?"
LLB: "Yeah..."
ILB: "Well, that reminds me of that phrase - you know the one? Be a lady in the streets, a whore in the sheets?"
LLB: "Yeah, I think that's the point..."
ILB: "Well, I was thinking about that phrase..."
LLB: "..."
ILB: "Okay, so you know how sometimes there are synonyms for sex workers - like 'whore' - and then classier ones, like 'lady of the night'? And one of them is 'streetwalker'? So, technically, you could probably call a sex worker a 'lady in the streets'..."
LLB: "I suppose..."
ILB: "Right. So, technically, you could claim that any lady in the streets could be a whore, both in and out of sheets, right?"
LLB: "..."
ILB: "And what if your lady actually is a whore? I mean, it's a job, right? So what if that's her profession, and you're in a relatonship with a sex worker? Is your lady a lady in the streets who's a whore both in the streets and the sheets, or is she a whore both in and out of the sheets, or a lady all the time? I mean, how do you even make that distinction?"
LLB: "..."
ILB: "..."
LLB: "..."

I'm sure that, at some point, I must have thought I was making sense.

No comments: