Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Holla!

I haven't been slack, honestly. I've still been around, leaving comments on other blogs and replying to tweets within acceptable timeframes. That I haven't updated this blog for longer than a week is telling, on account of the fact that it is the first time such a thing has ever happened. The fact that I try to post about once every two days makes it slightly alarming when it takes a few to get something out onto the blogosphere, and evenmoreso when it takes over a week. As I said, it hasn't happened before.

In my defence, as feeble an excuse as this may be, I have been incredibly busier than I had anticipated, campaigning hard (politically) over the last week and even going into work on Friday morning, having stayed up ALL NIGHT to watch the election results coming in, feeling somewhere between sleep and death before taking a sick day to get me adequate amounts of sleep... before heading off the same evening to camp, from which I returned yesterday.

Camp was the same as ever, although with less people in attendance than I'd usually expect. While I was sharing a tent with Mane, Mane Jr. and the young raver (who's less of a raver now than he is a slightly dodgy social worker), Robinson was sharing a tent with Lovely (which makes sense, since they are engaged), and my friend-who-is-a-midwife and friend-who-is-a-nurse were both AWOL. Though I was geared up for the usual glut of sexual conversation since Seaside Slut's post about overheard tent sex handily posted the day before I left, there wasn't actually a lot of it*, although I managed to slip a reference to Sh! in when people were discussing Hoxton Square.

(*Discussion, not sex. There wasn't any sex... I think.)

While away, Twitter exploded into a frenzy of terrifying stories and gender politics, which I deliberately chose not to wade into on account of the fact that there isn't anything I could say that hasn't already been said elsewhere (and it's a thorny issue anyway). But I got lots of nice tweets which kept me connected to the sex blogger world, however tenuous; sitting in my tent playing with my 'phone was more pleasant than one may anticipate to begin with. And, before you ask, I didn't masturbate even once.

Well, twice on Friday. But that was before I went to camp.

Anyway.

After all of this, I am back: ready to continue with whatever it was I was trying to do before all this stuff happened. I didn't intend this to be an "apology" post for being away so long - I really don't like those, to be honest - but there's certainly more to write about than I've actually written about recently. So, yes, that's all forthcoming.

And I really want to have sex tonight. 

2 comments:

hornygeekgirl said...

Lol. Welcome back. Your post made me giggle. x

Innocent Loverboy said...

Thanks for commenting!