Thursday, 30 January 2014

Eroticon 2014 Introduction Link Q&A Thingy

With five or so weeks to go until Eroticon 2014, I tweeted Ruby Kiddell this morning to ask if there would be an Eroticon introduction post form, like there has been for the previous two Eroticons. Lo and behold, she comes up with one! Thanks, Ruby!

Anyway, I've done this before, so let's see what my answers are like this time around. Read, if you will, and then hop over to the post on Write Sex Right and see who else has deigned to answer these crucial questions...

...and see you all at Eroticon!
*
What’s your name?

Innocent Loverboy... or "ILB" if that's too long to remember or you just want something quick to tweet or type out. It's three poxy letters, so hardly too taxing.


What are you most looking forward to about Eroticon 2014?

The same thing I looked forward to about both previous Eroticons... a good chance to catch up with friends and allies from the community. I love the sessions - writing and sex ed and advice and networking are all well and good - but, most of all, I love the social atmosphere of the sex blogging community. I've been part of it since 2007 and it still finds ways to amaze and amuse me.


What are you most nervous of about Eroticon 2014?

I've no idea. A lot of people are mentioning falling over in front of a room full of people, but then I did that last Eroticon, and took a bow to laughter from the audience. (Well, what would you do, eh?). Of course, I'm bound to make a faux pas, or (as I'm me) say something totally non-serious which everyone takes seriously - as that is what happens with me - but I'm not nervous about that. I'll just take it in my stride.
I'll be nervous about missing anything, though. It's why I always arrive early and plan and stuff. I don't want to miss a single thing.


What do you hope to get from Eroticon 2014?

Inspiration for writing, material for a host of blog posts, lots of hugs from people I adore and admire, and to make people laugh if I hit my stride (or sit there with a vague smirk if I don't).
The thing I like more than anything is meeting people, though, so what I'd hope for the most is to get connected and spend time in a big room surrounded by amazing people. I have the feeling that that won't be difficult.


What is your bad erotica writer’s pen name?

According to the chart, I'm "Purina Lovebucket Zoneout", which sounds to me like a brand of cat food made from weed. Hooray me!


WTF?

6 comments:

Harper Eliot said...

Ooh! So you were the one who prompted Ruby to post the introductions page, huh? Many thanks!

Innocent Loverboy said...

Heh, yep, that was me! Although I was just wondering if there'd be one... and thought a gentle hint wouldn't hurt!

Ruby said...

Or, it was scheduled into the communications plan and ILB happened to tweet at an opportune moment.
Who can tell?
It is questions like these that keep us awake at night!

molly said...

I totally agree with you ILB, I love the sessions too but it is the community, the people, the friendships that make this event so special for me

mollyxxx

Innocent Loverboy said...

@Ruby: Maybe we've got a "Shining" thing going on...

@Molly: Glad you agree!

Ruby Goodnight said...

It'll be good to see you again! I feel like it's been ages since I've hung around with your lovely crew. :)