Tuesday, 5 November 2013

TMI Tuesday: Eat It

Hey hey hey, it's TMI Tuesday!

There's nothing particularly about sex in this one (although I suspect a lot of people might twist it into an "I like food play LOL" post), but I thought I might do it anyway. Not a good idea, really, as I'm now incredibly hungry and I've got a bar of peanut brittle just waiting to be devoured. Damn you, temptation!

Musical accompaniment? Of course.

*

1. If your sandwich is cut in half on the diagonal, creating two triangles, do you bite the hypotenuse or the point?

What, not the opposite or adjacent sides? How dare you?!


Anyway, it depends what kind of sandwich you're talking about. My favourite type of sandwich is the cheese toastie - the consumption of which results in lots of small crumbs on the plate. These need to be swept up by the toastie itself, and the open side (which I'm assuming is the hypotenuse in question) is the best one to do this, as it has a certain amount of sticky cheese to do such a deed. To create more sides, I'll bite from the right-angle in order to create more such sides, working outwards.


I do this with any sandwich, however - just with a toastie there's more of a reason to do so!


2. Dipping a tortilla chip – do you dip the tip or the side of the chip to scoop the dip?

This is ridiculous; I've never even thought about this. I rarely dip tortilla chips anyway, although occasionally I'll do so with nacho cheese or hummus. In any case, I've not taken much notice of what I'm doing with the thing before stuffing it into my face. From vague memory of time spent in Chiquito's or the darkness of the cinema, I'd hazard a guess that I hold the crisp at the side and use the tip, as that seems more natural.


3. Do you think you drink too much coffee? How much do you drink daily? What is a “cup” of coffee to you – how many ounces or grams?

Yes, I drink too much coffee, although I've switched to decaffeinated recently, with the exception of the one cup I get at work, and even then I'd usually ask for tea, which I marginally prefer over coffee. As my favourite drinks are lemon flavoured, I'd go for one of those via preference, but when I drink coffee at Starbucks, I tend to ask for a shot of vanilla in it, for various obvious reasons.


I'm not anally-retentive enough to go and measure out how many ounces of coffee is in my standard cup on account of the fact that I'd rather have my skin peeled off and go rolling around in salt. I have one teaspoon of instant coffee. And two sweeteners. That's it.


4. Do you take cream in your tea? How many sugars?

I take milk in my tea, not cream. Coffee and cream, yes. But in tea, milk - preferably skimmed - serves me fine. I like sweetened tea, but I am trying to cut down on sugar, so I'll always go for sweeteners as preference, such as Hermesetas. I have either one or two, depending on how many fall out of the little box when I press the switch.


5. How do you eat a burrito?
a. Pick it up with your hands, bite into an end.
b. Cut it in half, then pick up one half and eat it.
c. Eat it with a fork and knife
d. Open the tortilla, eat the food inside and eat the tortilla last.

Because this is the correct way to eat a burrito. It's designed to be picked up and eaten easily. Option D here completely negates the fact that you've ordered a burrito!


You may be wondering what I have inside burritos as I'm a vegetarian and many of them are served with meat inside. Well, most places will do them with some form of salad, often with cheese added. I've also invented my own at Mexican food places when I don't like the look of the veggie option: flour tortillas with cheesy chips and onion rings work incredibly well, in fact!


6. How do you eat a slice [of pizza]?
a. Pick it up and eat it as an open slice.
b. Pick it up and fold it together, then bite into it.
c. Leave it on the plate and eat with a fork and knife.
d. I eat the crust first, then the rest of the slice.

Because all my friends do this, so that's how I do it, Yay, peer pressure!


This only accounts for pizzas I eat at restaurants, though. With take-away pizzas I'd go for option A, and then dip the crust in hummus or garlic and herb dip at the end of the slice. I don't think anyone seriously eats take-away pizzas with a knife and fork. Not really.


Bonus: What is the weirdest thing that you are into?

Food-wise? Or just in general? Because you could take that question any way you like. This is all getting a bit personal.


In any case, I like milkshakes containing Weetabix. The kind you can get from ShakeAway. With something else - perhaps chocolate and Weetabix, or maple syrup or something. Which is strange, because I haven't eaten a real Weetabix in years.


Bonus Bonus: Do you care if your different foods, on a plate, touch each other? Yes? What’s that all about?

Oh, yes! I absolutely hate mixing my food unless it's something I've deliberately effected myself; in fact, a lot of my least favourite foods (like baked beans, for example) tend to have some sort of sauce that may "infect" other things on the plate.


A particular offender is spinach. I really like spinach, actually - particularly of the fresh kind. My dad buys frozen spinach, which is quite nice steamed: I won't have it on my plate, though, as it tends to generate food water, which I find particularly revolting. I'll eat the spinach out of a different bowl, thankyouverymuch!

No comments: