Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Prelude

And so it turns out that today, while I was watching The Apprentice, #weddinghour was trending on Twitter. "Wedding Hour", apparently, was a time period in which a lot of weddings were planned... essentially, a ploy to get wedding companies a lot of business. I suppose it worked, considering how many people were hooked.

Two couples obviously missed this.

The first was the couple I know who are getting married tomorrow afternoon. I'll be attending their wedding reception in Essex dressed in my work clothes, since they are smart casual enough to pass and, besides, I don't have many other clothes. I'll probably be travelling by train and taxi there and back.

The second was the couple I know who are getting married on Saturday afternoon. I'll be attending their wedding and reception in North London dressed in a full suit, if I haven't melted by then. One of this couple is my friend-who-is-a-nurse, and her future husband I firmly approve of.

I love my friends and I love that they're getting married.

I don't have any time off work.

Pray for me.

No comments: