Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Almost clever. Almost.

This is another one of those fake "hookup" ads that comes around every once in a while. I don't get them that often, but they do sometimes come around in my "Tim" account, which I check every now and then to see if there's anything sent to it. There isn't.

The body of the e-mail contains the same content as any of the others, so there isn't particularly anything special about this one... except this.

I've edited out her face in case she's an actual person.

The text on her paper reads "Hi innocentlbblog-spare", which is quite clever, considering the fact that that's the e-mail address it's been sent to. A quick amount of closer inspection reveals that it's clearly typeface (in fact, it's a typeface I recognise), going by the letters being the same size and shape all the way through. So, yes, it's dumb, but at least it's cleverly done.

Especially if, as I suspect, this isn't a real girl - well, clearly it's a real girl, but I'm not entirely sure the same shot is taken for every individual person that is e-mailed. That'd be exhausting - and a real person'd use a "sent from" name, as opposed to the e-mail address. My name's not "innocentlbblog-spare", oddly enough. So I'd imagine the JPEG is automatically doctored to include such text. Which is the clever bit.

Only not that clever. Because it's easily detected. But it makes me wonder how one would even be able to do that!

No comments: