Sunday, 7 April 2013

Sinful Sunday: Indulgence

Gluttony ties with lust as my favourite sin.

Forgive me, Father, for I have dined; a luxurious feast of twice-roasted potatoes seasoned with parsley. A deep, rich pie, glazed with milk, the filling (vegetarian, of course) creamy: a mix of Quorn, cheese and leek, making the mouth water and the stomach growl for more. Lightly steamed, moreish broccoli, seasoned with generous helpings of salt... all topped with thick, enchanting gravy.

And the coup de grĂ¢ce, to indulge a sinful stomach.

Spoon.

Not quite a full Eton mess. But oh, so decadent. Meringue topped with vanilla yoghurt and cream, with a generous spoonful of sugary jam to complete the spectacle.

I am truly sinful.

And they wonder why I'm overweight.

Sinful Sunday

9 comments:

Marie Rebelle said...

That looks delicious!

Rebel xox

Kazi G said...

That sounds truly decadent :)

~Kazi xxx

Saint1ess said...

I'm getting hungry just reading, hope you enjoyed your Sinful indulgence :-)

spacebunnykink said...

Yum! Sounds like a lovely sinful indulgence :)

Emily Daniel said...

I do love Eton Mess

Carina Benjamin said...

Yum. I must admit I've always found it difficult to distinguish between gluttony and lust as my two favourite deadly sins.

Molly said...

Shame it was served on a plate though.... I could think of much more sinful ways to serve it!

Mollyxxx

Margita Lily said...

Yummy:)

Maggi xxx

Becky Whee said...

I call first dibs on licking the spoon clean! :P