Sunday, 18 November 2012

Eight Seconds

"I want to blog," I admitted, "but you've already written a post about what I wanted to write about."
"Oh," she replied. "Well, you can write about it too..."
"Nah, I'll write about something else. I just need some inspiration. Hit me over the head by a 2-by-4?"

She took me by the back of my head and pulled me forwards. There was half a second's pause, and then we kissed. Our lips pressed against each other, and then with a swift, almost eager movement they spread open. I felt my tongue sliding against hers and my eyes fluttered closed as I melted into her. I felt her arms around me as I (gently) placed one of mine on her back, the soft fabric of one of my own jumpers greeting my fingertips.

Eight seconds passed. We eventually broke apart and I gave a soft, internal sigh, glancing into her eyes. There was another, fairly pregnant pause.

"Okay, that's all the inspiration I need," I acquiesced, turning back to my netbook's keyboard.

No comments: