Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Relief

I never sleep well.

As you can imagine, for a variety of rather obvious reasons I have not been unsleeping particularly well either. For the uninitiated, unsleeping is the practice of lying there with my eyes closed trying not to think "lord, this is boring" and hoping I eventually sleep. It's when the body is asleep but the brain isn't. I've been doing it a lot. When I do get to sleep, which is usually around 2am or 3am (depending on when I go to bed and how strange my life has been), recently it's been punctuated by various disturbances - the foxes outside my window having a party, Willow telling me that she absolutely must have my attention now now now, or the sudden realisation that I am, in fact, awake all along and why aren't I sleeping?

I was awoken from my dreams yesterday morning by a variant of the recurring nightmare I have, although why I'm still having it, I don't know... nevertheless, there it was once again, worse than ever, with a little twist in the tail, just to throw me off-kilter once again. This happened at 6, and evidently I couldn't get back to sleep after that.

Yesterday evening, I was determined to get to sleep. I didn't want no sleep and I didn't want nightmares. I was incredibly stressed and knew I needed a good, solid  night of sleep before I started tackling whatever problems were remaining (which I did today. Ultra-productive ILB.), and if I don't normally sleep, what sort of a night would I have being stressed?

So I knew what I had to do. I put the convection heater, which I have in my room now because there are three outside walls making heat little more than a hypothesis, on full blast. That still doesn't make my room warm, but it was next to my bed. I stripped naked, lay on my back on top of the bedcovers, and closed my eyes. The combination of the rising heat and the cool air on my skin were somewhat soothing, but I clearly needed something more. I couldn't pretend I didn't know what it was.

Closing my eyes, I wrapped my hand around my gradually stiffening cock. My imagination sprang into life and I let all my worries and problems dissolve. After a while, I brought myself over the edge accompanied by gentle strokes and heavy, measured breathing. I scrambled for a tissue to clean up and then let myself drift off almost immediately on the waves of post-orgasmic sleepiness.

It worked. I didn't wake up this morning until ten.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the good life :)

Innocent Loverboy said...

I think I'm able to cope with it.