Friday, 26 October 2012

Editors

I'm not much of a one for writing erotica, apart from the occasional foray into bouncy sex, flash fiction which I once wrote and sent off but didn't hear back about and lesbian erotica which I don't write and never have written, honest, but I know what I like and I know what I'm good at. And one thing I'm good at is identifying punctuation errors.

I'm also aware I'm shooting myself in the foot by saying this. I don't proofread my blog posts and occasionally make unintentional spelling errors. I know how to spell words write, but the occasional typo slips through - I'm confident, however, that I know how to use punctuation, although I use a lot more of it than other people!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is going somewhere. Really.

I read, recently, some erotic historical fiction. Nothing unusual about that, you may think (apart from the fact that I don't read much erotica either, The Pet Shop being a rare exception), but this was unfinished. It was a Word Document. It also wasn't mine.

As I let my cursor fly over the screen, deleting a space here and replacing a comma with a colon there, I felt wonderfully sordid. Here I was, defiling a perfectly good piece of erotic fiction, merely because I said I could and its author said I could if I wanted to. And so I did.

Every now and again, I do feel like a real writer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of real writing,

Hi, new reader here, but def a fan. Saw on your twitter you have copies of your book. Is it still for sale? And is there a way to anonymously purchase and ship it to the US? Please let me know [:

Innocent Loverboy said...

See my answer to your Formspring question! And thanks!

Innocent Loverboy said...

Update to this: the little minisite I set up about it is still here. I didn't even know it was. But so it is.

ladypandorah said...

It's a warm, fuzzy, nice feeling, yes?

LP x