Tuesday, 13 March 2012

TMI Tuesday: I wish...

OK, so apparently this week's TMI Tuesday is about wish lists? Inspired by Miss Catherine Gail? Honestly, where do they get these ideas? Still, it should make for some interesting answers. Let's have a go.

1. We all know and love a Top 10 list, who or what is number one on your wishlist?

Am I meant to say an attractive celebrity here? I'm not sure I can really do that. Okay, well, like Rory, it's my birthday this week, so I asked for money, because I don't have any. And when pressed, I reeled off some books, CDs and DVDs, because I am starved for entertainment.
But top of my wish list is a flat, because I really want to move out. I'm really sure that's not too much to be asking. Of course, I'd need to get a job first, but that doesn't look like it's going to be happening...


2. Tell us 2 naughty things you’d put on your wishlist and 2 more naughty or nice things you’d add to the list.

Naughty things:
Cookies, because they are delicious and very bad for you.
And doughnuts, for pretty much exactly the same reason. Except slightly more sickly.

Nice things:
A new computer - although this one (which has been fully repaired; behold! a thing of wonder!) is perfectly serviceable, my old laptop is slowly dying and I really need something to record music onto. So a powerful desktop with a line in socket, a microphone lead and Cool Edit Pro would be good.
A working drum machine. My drum machine has stopped working. Fair enough, it is quite a cool model, but it's not very useful if it's going to stop working, is it? And my sister has taken my keyboard so I can't record drums on that.


3. Your order has been mixed up and instead of your selected gift you receive Fireman Sam. What do you do?

Damn it, now I'm singing the theme song again.
Anyway, I'd like to be on the list of people who go on a date with Fireman Sam! We could play video games together, and stay up late swapping manly stories.


4. The miss-delivery is sorted and you get the right order. Because of the mix-up you’ve also received a free gift voucher for one of many new accessories available to enhance your new wishlist item. What do you choose?

Assuming it's a flat as stipulated in question one, maybe some furniture? I don't fancy sleeping on the floor, although I'm not exactly unused to that. Or maybe a fish tank... with some fish, evidently.
If we're going for the computer/drum machine music recording combo, evidently a new microphone would be nice. I have enough already, but one that's held in position and doesn't pick up any pops or cracks would be very helpful, considering how bad my voice is already. Or a xylophone. I still need a xylophone.


5. Your best friend arrives at your back door just as the courier (who is to die for) arrives at the front door with your accessory delivery. What do you do?
a) usher your friend away because it’s ALL YOURS! And you can’t wait, let alone share
b) tell your friend to come inside with the intent to have them join in
c) what the heck, two’s company, four’s an orgy! (invite the courier in as well)

Seriously, what the fuck? Are we to assume that the accessory is a sex aid? There was nothing to suggest that in the questions. Strange TMI Tuesday, this is.
Anyway, since I've already said it's either furniture, fish, a microphone or a xylophone, they're all things that can be admired or used, so B or C it has to be! And why not C? I don't care what the courier looks like, but they're probably on a job, so unless they have other things to do I'd invite them in too.
Now all I need to do is wonder how my friend got to the back door...


Bonus: Do you have a real wish list in the works? If yes, what’s on it?

DVDs of Glee, and the soundtrack to the same, some books - mostly children's fantasy - CDs, mostly in box sets, and some CD-Rs and CD cases. And money. That's what's on my birthday list, anyway, and the same sort of stuff applies to my Amazon wish list.
Other things I want include a xylophone (my parents bought me a glockenspiel for Christmas, which is great, but not what I wanted - I play it a lot, though) and a high-quality dictaphone for recording stuff. But I'll wait until I actually know what to do with those things before I get them though...

7 comments:

Mellie said...

These questions confused me.
However, I don't think Fireman Sam has many particularly manly stories to speak of... he always seemed rather a-sexual to me.

Catharine said...

I wanted to buy you a xylophone and you wouldn't let me so you only have yourself to blame.

Innocent Loverboy said...

It was really expensive!

Hedone said...

1. Happy Birthday.

I didn't pick a celebrity, I picked a fellow blogger with mad photography skills.

3. Fun answer.

4. xylophone >>> I had a toy one as a kid. I loved that thing.

-H

Catharine said...

It wasn't! But the one that you said you wanted after I said I'd buy you one the other day was. :p

Innocent Loverboy said...

What a lot of people need to realise is that a lot of toy mallet percussion instruments are actually glockenspiels: they have metal keys.

Glockenspiels appear to be cheaper to make than xylophones (which have wooden keys; the word translates to "wooden voice") - although they're probably both expensive to get in a professional sense - it's easy enough to go into the Early Learning Centre with £10 and pick up a toy glock.

There used to be a guy called Frank who sat in Nottingham town centre hitting a toy glock. He was a cool guy and it was sad when he died, but I did object to people calling him "xylophone man". It wasn't a xylophone.

I own a couple of glockenspiels, by the way. I have one of those toy ones, which doesn't have any sharps or flats. It's good for songs in the Dorian mode which are one octave long, like Do-Re-Mi from The Sound Of Music, but it's not that good really. For Christmas, my parents bought me a chromatic glockenspiel, and that's a lot more satisfying. It's harder to play, but it's got more than one octave - two and a half, I think - and "black keys" for sharps and flats. I've started using it for solos, which is a good sign.

I'd still like a xylophone though.

Hedone said...

Cool. Learned something new.

Perhaps toy makers thought is was easier for little kids to say, "xylophone" rather than "glockenspiel".

...just kidding.

-H