Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Keep it simple, stupid!

I had a dream last night that involved kisses in a big house. I think I've seen that house before. I remember the kisses not being what kisses actually feel like. But they were kisses. That's what counts.

It feels like I haven't kissed anyone for a long time. In reality, it's less than a month ago. I once went over three years without having a single kiss and I missed it - of course I did - but nevertheless, it was fine. I last kissed clhg eighteen days ago and it seems like forever. I guess you don't really know what you've got until it's gone, and other Joni Mitchell-type adages.

What made me dream of kisses? No idea. There were lots of kisses going on on Friday - some of them appropriate. I've been reading a teen romance novel this week, and that doesn't go any further than kissing. I've suddenly read a lot of poetry and fiction that involves kisses. This week's episode of Glee ended with a kiss. And yesterday I found out the game Catherine is coming out in the UK, and although I'm mostly attracted to it by its box art name, I'm pretty sure its plot involves kisses. (Probably won't be playing it, though, unless someone releases it for the Wii. Nintendo solidarity!) Yup, I actually am surrounded by kisses. They're everywhere. And I'm not getting any kisses. Well, not at the moment. I will, but not for another two weeks' time.

I mean, I'll be alone on Valentine's (again) this year. I have a job interview on the day itself. Fantastic.

Still, I can take comfort in one thing. When I do get to kiss, it will be very sweet indeed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore this post...

...kissing...sometimes underrated, too often overlooked. I wrote a kiss in a thousand words for a book I was toying with writing (still am)

Enjoy your forthcoming lip meet!

@feltsensejunkie

Innocent Loverboy said...

Thanks, FSJ. I've written about kisses so many times before, but when you crave them, there's not much else you can think about - so why not, eh?

Catharine said...

Do you want to kiss Catherine or Catharine...?

Innocent Loverboy said...

Actually, the real-life girlfriend in the video game is called Katherine. Aaaaargh!

[Word verification: "tickle"]

Catharine said...

Okay, Catharine, Catherine or Katherine? :o

and I want a tickle. I got "ingro". Not so sexy.

Innocent Loverboy said...

Kathryn?

Catharine said...

Oh god, not more of them!