Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Antici... pation

This week: Informal meeting to replace monthly CCK Social (thanks, @almadsfeika!)
Next week: Spiritual Space, usual time, usual place
Week after: York with cutieloveheartgirl
Week after: This space has been left blank for display purposes
Week after: Erotic Meet

I don't know why I'm suddenly so impatient. I'm slowly gathering things to fill up my social timetable and genuinely aren't bothered about things like getting employment until all these things have passed. But I guess that part of my brain secretly thinks that employment may stop me from doing these things, so that's probably why. In any case, there aren't any jobs, so I don't know why I'm worrying. Go, me and laziness! (Except I haven't actually been lazy. I even did an impromptu jig in the middle of Oxford Street today. I had just stubbed my toe, but still.)

But I'm getting impatient. I want to sit in a café and eat food in a bohemian setting. I want to discuss the finer points of Christian doctrine and death metal. I want to go to the thing that people keep telling me I should go to, if only to surprise other bloggers with my unassuming blue eyes, nervous attitude and hideous facial hair. And I really, really want to go to York. I want to see clhg again, of course, but being middle-class and southern I should feel in place in York. And there are ghosts... and Vikings. Yay for York!

I'm just really impatient. I want these things to happen. Now. I don't really like making complicated plans, and even less so if they're months away and so many things could go wrong between now and then. I even want to go to Eroticon in March - screw 'want to', I'm going; as a sex blogger it's my duty and all - but I really don't want to plan anything yet. I'm just so afraid to commit to anything that far in advance! I'm happier being spontaneous; it feels like much more of an adventure!

However, I can take comfort, even while I'm being fidgety waiting for great things to happen, in the knowledge that I'll be enjoying myself while they are happening. That's a good thing to look forward to, at least - even if it sucks to wait.

3 comments:

Catharine said...

You're excited about Bradford too, right?

Innocent Loverboy said...

Yes... as long as I don't get killed there. And at least it's a posh bit of Bradford...

Catharine said...

Well I've been to Bradford loads and I've never died.