Thursday, 19 August 2010

HNT: Pokémon Mini


Bizarre as it may seem, that is in fact a console with interchangeable cartridges. It's smaller than a Game Boy Micro - hell, it's less than half the size of a Game & Watch - and yet it's still one of the best pieces of hardware Nintendo ever made. It's extremely powerful - the resolution is light and sharp, and the music and sound are pretty good for a system that doesn't have any speakers. The cartridges are all the size of a postage stamp, and - despite the limitations of the franchise (they're all Pokémon themed, in line with the name of the console) - the games are ridiculously addictive. Mind you, I only have two. I've got about 20 for the SNES, so maybe I need to up my Pokémon Mini game collection.

Oh, and if you're after something more interesting than video games - well, that's difficult to find. But my girlfriend's first HNT works for me.

4 comments:

ladypandorah said...

I love the geekiness of this.

(That is a compliment...geeks are brilliant).

I have never seen one of those Micro things before - are they an old console?

LP x

Innocent Loverboy said...

The Game Boy Micro? Well, it's the newest model of the GB(A) on the market. It's also the last in the GB line - with the DS, they don't need to concentrate on the Game Boy any more. Very sad, it's the end of an era, almost.

It doesn't play normal GB games though, only GBA ones - so I'm sticking with my SP. It plays all GB titles, plus it has a Luigi design on it! How cool is that?!

And yeah, geeks are brilliant, cheers.

ladypandorah said...

Woah....those are fast-flying acronyms! I managed to translate GB/GBA and DS - but what's the SP??

LP x

Innocent Loverboy said...

Uhm, well, the SP is a GBA with a clamshell design. Difficult to describe, really - poke Wikipedia? (Or wait for my next HNT, heh!)