Saturday, 18 April 2009

Essential Supplies

So, I appear to be going to Bath today. To dinner and then to a hotel room.

Last night's conversation included something like:
"You know Paddington?"
"Yes?"
"And there's a Boots there, yes?"
"Yes..."
"Is there an... exciting... section... in the Boots?"

At which point I tried to think of exactly which row of tissues and throat sweets could be classed as exciting. I clocked it eventually.

"Why, yes. Yes, I think there is."
"I think we need to... uhm..."
"Would you like a present?"
"Maybe."

I'll get her a present all right.

3 comments:

ladypandorah said...

Knightmare! Freaked me out a lot whenever that horn rang out. Moreso when the skeleton appeared. One of the best shows there was.

Ahh memories!

Enjoy the weekend!

Pandorah x

Innocent Loverboy said...

Yes, Knightmare is fantastic. Damn near defined my whole generation, as the week tended to revolve around watching it every Friday. Grew up mainlining it, hence the geeky knowledge of the line "would you like a present?" being linked to that particular death in series 3.

Phew, glad somebody else remembers it!

lacestockings said...

*blinks*

I feel I've missed out.