Monday, 27 October 2008

Safe as fuck!

I like being enveloped. It makes me feel safe.

This doesn't mean that I want to be folded up into a square paper construct and put in a postbox, then I'll come out as a chav. (I just wrote that, didn't I? Man, I'm delirious at this time in the morning.) What I'm talking about is... well, you get the idea, right?

I don't have a need to be totally enclosed. I just like the occasional feeling. It's, like, a feeling that everything's OK, just for those moments:

- When I cuddle, I'm holding someone. That's fantastic. But I feel hands on my back as well as my hands on theirs. I like making whoever I'm holding feel safe - it's one of the few things I feel I'm able to do right these days, cuddling - but, insofar as mutual benefit goes, I've got hands wrapped around me as well, and I like that too.

- When I spoon with my loverrr, that's an interesting one. I'm bigger than she is, but we fit together quite well, like a jigsaw. I like enveloping her, it's fun. But there are times when the backs of her legs curl around my knees. That makes my knees feel safer. I like that... then, of course, we're under some covers, and in this cold weather, that's what we need. I like that as well.

- And then, of course, there's sex. That's enveloping a certain part of me. But it's a great feeling - even if you ignore all the sexual attraction and release sort of stuff (hint: you can't; I'm talking figuratively here), there's something genuinely warming about actually having one's cock just inside someone, just held inside her. And there's the blissful moment of calm after sex too, when I'm still in there. I like that. Rather a lot, in fact.

It's something to reflect upon, and appreciate. Next time you get a hug from someone, take some time to appreciate it. Do your best to make them feel safe in your arms, if you feel safe in theirs. It's your space, your little bubble, and if the rest of the world don't like it, well... you'll be severely put-upon. But you can feel safe while they do it.

3 comments:

Anna said...

I was feeling much the same thing yesterday. My love makes me feel so safe. I'll endeavour to do the same thing. Thanks ILB, a beautiful post!

Innocent Loverboy said...

Did I ever tell you that I think you're really pretty?

The Drinker said...

You know why I like falling asleep to your voice at night? Not because you bore me to sleep, oh no, but because you make me feel safe - I can go to sleep knowing that all is right in our little corner of the world.

Found my mobile open in bed this morning. This may explain the phone bill.

Right, off to work!

xx