Sunday, 11 May 2008

Justify (watch us explode)

Given the intensity of the last post, perhaps I do need to justify myself before I do this.

I spent a lot of my time writing about relationships, but I cannot (for the life of me) claim to understand the way the heart works. I don't think it's anyone's prerogative to make that claim, either. Love is a rather abstract concept to grasp, and it'd be foolish to try and reason, using logic, the way that people fall for people... or the way people fall out of love with people, either.

I'm not entirely sure where this is going...

Okay, so, on Friday, snowdrop told me a few different things: one, that even though she liked (note the use of the past tense) me, I am still single; two, if any opportunity comes along, I should take it up. Since I liked her as well, this hurt quite a lot. To me, it said, "actually, I don't like you, go and find someone else." As if that sort of thing is something I can do, like order a pizza with four types of tomato and asparagus spears. But I digress.

I got a sudden invitation on late Friday evening to go and visit a friend. Because, basically, we both needed a friend - I was upset... and she was stressed. So onto the train I went, arriving at my destination so inhumanly late at night it was actually early morning. I found her, we hugged, talked for a bit and then went back to her place for some warming cuddles (which, as well should all know by now, is the best cure for anything).

And - now, you may wish to make me a badge labelled "fickle" for this part - suddenly, without any warning, I forgot about everything that had been bothering me. I forgot about losing my job, I forgot about my family stressing, I forgot about snowdrop. They were still there, but they weren't there any more. What was there, however... was this person, and their arms, and their face and hair, and... oh my.

I had a crush. A sudden, totally unexpected, completely random, heart-throbbing crush.

No, I don't know how someone could fall out of love and then in again within the space of twelve hours (realistically, twenty minutes). Maybe that's not even what happened. But, from my point of view, it happened.

I still didn't know what I was doing, but through a seemingly random set of circumstances we ended up in a kiss... and then in bed... and by the time the first light of morning rolled around, something had clicked.

I hope you all find this an adequate explanation as to why I am now in a relationship with someone intelligent, witty, attractive and talented, and - most importantly - she is not snowdrop.

Short version: I has a girlfriend.

11 comments:

single student said...

ooh im so happy for you ILB!

Hope it all works out for you!

Anna said...

I'll be very interested to see if snowdrop is relieved of annoyed!

So, new girl, how does she feel about you?

Heavens above things are complicated for you :) I'm glad you're keeping it exciting though!

Anna said...

*or. Relieved OR annoyed.

Innocent Loverboy said...

Snowdrop is angry, mostly with herself, it seems. But she'll be OK; in fact, she seems OK now.

I suggest you ask her!

Also - well, maybe things were complicated, but from where I'm standing now, things seem crystal clear!

Jessy said...

Congrats!

blacksilk said...

You're going to have to come up with a pseudonym for your new missus as well, you know :)

Congratumalations ILB, srsly. I hope it all goes well for you and the lovely lady.

Innocent Loverboy said...

She already has a pseudonym. You know what it is. You just don't know you know, you know. ;)

lacestockings said...

Woooo! Hurrah!

An v. cryptic last post ILB

Innocent Loverboy said...

Am I ever anything else?

lacestockings said...

Sometimes you're detailed and uncryptic. Like the sex and shopping post :p

Are you gonna stop being cryptic and reveal her codename?

GE said...

Only boys can do that...lucky you!